No Purchase Required To Enter Or Win
No Purchase Required To Enter Or Win
September 28, 2011
View/download these rules as a PDF
1. Eligibility: The Sprint BBQ Weekend Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees of Sprint, or other companies associated with the promotion of the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Sprint Communications Company L.P. (the “Sponsor”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins on September 30, 2011 at 9:00 am CT and ends on October 2, 2011 at 6:00 pm CT (the “Entry Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
5. How to Enter: To enter: a.) follow the @sprint on Twitter, b.) submit a photo on Twitter of an activity at the 2011 American Royal BBQ and include the American Royal logo in the picture, and c.) include the location and the hashtag: #SprintBBQ4G. If you do not have a twitter account, you may sign up for a free one at www.twitter.com. By sending a Twitter Entry, the entrant consents to being contacted by direct message (“DM”) or Twitter response from @sprint for details. Text and data charges may apply if you are accessing Twitter from your mobile phone to enter this sweepstakes. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. All Entries, including the photos, must be original works and may not include third party copyrighted works or trademarks. All entries must comply with Twitter’s terms of service and applicable guidelines in addition to these sweepstakes rules.
6. CRITERIA: Submissions must not contain inappropriate or defamatory words or images (including words, pictures or symbols that are considered offensive to individuals of any race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group); they must not depict any dangerous activities or situations; they must not include threats to any person, place, business, or group; they must not disparage persons or organizations, including those associated with the Sponsor; they must not invade the privacy or other rights of any person, firm, entity, and they must not in any other way contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any and all applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulations. Except as specifically noted herein, the Submission cannot contain any unacceptable clothing or adornments, or display any commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, trademarks, slogans, political, personal and religious statements) as determined by Sponsor, in their sole discretion. Submissions must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age. Submissions may not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent (including but not limited to nudity or pornography), profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, slanderous or libelous and may not in any way reference persons or organizations without their written permission. The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Submissions cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate. Sponsor reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any Submission that, in their sole opinion, refers, depicts or in any way reflects negatively upon the Sponsor, the Contest or any other person or entity, or does not comply with these requirements or these Official Rules. Submissions must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, including, but not limited to, television commercials, in sole determination of Sponsor.
7. Drawing: The Sponsor will select three potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received between September 30, 2011 at 9:00 am CT and October 2, 2011 at 6:00 pm CT. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner within five (5) days of the drawing. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from the remaining entries.
8. Requirements of Potential Winners: A potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within five (5) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian must sign the Affidavit/Release on the potential winner’s behalf.
9. Prizes: Each winner will receive one Motorola Photon 4G phone. Wireless service is not included. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Prizes may be reported as income to a winner and the winner will be responsible for all taxes associated with the receipt of a prize.
11. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
12. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent, officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors that may prevent an entrant from submitting an entry; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Kansas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Kansas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Kansas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Kansas.
14. Sweepstakes Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Pamela Sankey Sprint 6200 Sprint Parkway, Overland Park, KS 66251. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.