Sprint Direct Connect service is keeping our customers connected better than ever. Today we officially launch Sprint Direct Connect Plus (SDC Plus), our next-generation push-to-talk solution, designed to give business teams the power of real-time communication with the push of a button for nationwide, one-to-one group or broadcast communications.1
SDC Plus is enabled by the new PTT platform from Kodiak, a Motorola Solutions company. Kodiak brings our customers enhanced push-to-talk capabilities including over Wi-Fi, presence status and tablet support. SDC Plus also offers a central portal, the Corporate Administrative Tool (CAT), to manage contacts and groups. It boasts immediate call setup with reliability and clarity at the push of a button. While on the Sprint network, our Quality of Service feature helps ensure calls on Sprint’s push-to-talk devices are prioritized during times of high network use – at no additional cost.2
SDC Plus is now available through a downloadable app on most Android and iOS smartphones and tablets for just $5 per month. These rugged devices with a physical PTT button currently support SDC Plus:
- Kyocera DuraXTP
- Kyocera DuraForce Pro
- Kyocera DuraTR
“Push-to-talk is one of the most effective ways for business customers to communicate quickly and effortlessly with their mobile employees,” said Kim Green-Kerr, Sprint senior vice president for business sales. “SDC Plus is the workhorse solution for today’s workforces. It helps businesses cut down on phone calls, easily have group conversations, manage employees across geographies, and reduce email volume. The evolution of push-to-talk to SDC Plus is one of the many ways we enable businesses to be more efficient and ultimately more profitable.”
Part of Sprint’s legacy of innovation and leadership is the application of push-to-talk solutions for a variety of business segments, including construction, hospitality, event planners and property managers. Today’s launch of SDC Plus continues our commitment to provide advanced PTT services to businesses into the future. SDC Plus capabilities will continue to expand through 2018, and additional features will do even more to keep Sprint business customers connected.
For more information, visit www.sprint.com/sdcplus.
Sprint Direct Connect Plus push-to-talk communication helps to get the job done quickly, efficiently, and safely:
- Instant connection. Gets workers the information they need when they need it.
- Push-to-talk calling. Reduces non-productive chit-chat and time spent on calls.
- Voice. Helps communicate the message and tone clearly, reducing potential misunderstandings vs. texting.
- 1-to-1 or Group communication. Helps workers respond quickly, coordinate efforts, and work more efficiently.
- In-building, nationwide, international. Enables users to work closely with others regardless of where they are.
- Corporate Administration Tool. Simplifies management of contacts and groups.
Key benefits of SDC Plus:
- Saves time – management and workers quickly find out what they need to know and then act.
- Increases productivity – users can better coordinate plans and schedules with ability to quickly check on progress.
- Improves safety – users can immediately alert others of problems, hazards and danger.
- Improves customer satisfaction – customers benefit from fast response time, greater coordination, and timeliness of completion.
1Requires SDC capable device. Certain SDC Plus features may require Wi-Fi or other data connections and may require additional plans/fees. Offers/coverage not available everywhere or for all phones/networks. Restrictions apply. See store or sprint.com/business for details.
2Quality of Service is Domestic only. Requires compatible push-to-talk device. 4G devices lose QoS prioritization when service transitions from LTE to 3G or 1x. 3G devices lose QoS prioritization when service transitions from 3G to 1X. Quality of Service is not available while roaming or while on Wi-Fi. Features, coverage and service not available everywhere and subject to change.