Sprint engineers and network teams are working around the clock to help ensure customers impacted by Winter Storm Grayson continue to have uninterrupted cell service. Despite, the size and strength of the storm, early preparation, including back-up batteries and generators are helping Sprint’s network continue operating as normal. While power grids across the impacted area appear to be holding up well, our teams continue to monitor cell site performance and are ready to act immediately if needed.
Our Emergency Response Team is currently working with several state and local government agencies to provide emergency communications assistance and additional resources to help with restoration efforts.
Photos courtesy Sprint ERT
For the safety of our employees and customers, some Sprint stores in areas hardest hit by Winter Storm Grayson remain closed today, and others may have delayed openings. Please check our Sprint Store Locator to find out the status of a store near you.
Finally, we want to remind all wireless customers of a few tips:
- Make sure you have a list of emergency phone numbers, including customer service numbers for hospitals and utility companies stored in your device’s contacts
- Winter storm flooding is possible so keep your phones and accessories like charges in a sealed plastic bag to avoid water damage.
- Continue to keep your mobile devices fully charged in the event of commercial power loss
- Take advantage of our open retail stores by stopping in to charge any wireless device for free. We welcome customers of all wireless carriers!
- When possible, send a text message instead of calling as wireless networks sometimes experience heavy traffic during emergency events.