First push-to-talk BlackBerry smartphone with built-in Wi-Fi and Group Connect demonstrates Sprint’s firm commitment to the Nextel National Network
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. & WATERLOO,
The BlackBerry Curve 8350i smartphone utilizes iDEN technology on the Nextel National Network. It offers Nextel Direct Connect, the only national push-to-talk service in the industry to offer sub-second call set up to the world’s largest push-to-talk community with millions of users.
The BlackBerry Curve 8350i is the first push-to-talk BlackBerry smartphone to offer:
- Built-in Wi-Fi(R) support, allowing customers to browse the Internet and download email attachments quickly and easily wherever they have Wi-Fi access, and they can also send and receive emails or browse the Internet while talking on the phone.
- Group Connect, enabling customers to instantly set up group conversations with up to 20 participants.
Additionally, the BlackBerry Curve 8350i smartphone supports:
- Integrated business solutions, including a large selection of GPS-enabled solutions and access to thousands of other third-party mobile applications for jobs such as dispatch operations and fleet and workforce management.
- International Direct Connect, whichenables instant connections between
United States, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Chileand Peru.
- Talkgroup, which connects groups of up to 200 people at once within the same local market and in the same fleet.
"Because of its unique combination of push-to-talk capabilities and
several other advanced features, the BlackBerry Curve 8350i smartphone
is likely to appeal to both individual consumers and business
"The BlackBerry Curve 8350i smartphone is the most recent example of our
solid commitment to iDEN technology and our Nextel Direct Connect
The BlackBerry Curve 8350i smartphone is slim with a sleek black exterior, a full QWERTY keyboard, a convenient trackball with intuitive navigation and an internal antenna for a smooth, clean design. Other key features include:
- BlackBerry Device Software v4.6 for a simple and easy user experience with an updated interface, new shortcuts, an enhanced HTML web browser, support for free/busy calendar lookups and more.
- BlackBerry "push" email for easy and efficient delivery of corporate and personal email.
- Robust messaging capabilities with support for popular instant messaging, multimedia messaging (MMS) and text messaging services.
- Integrated GPS for step-by-step directions, navigation and local search as well as support for other location-based applications and services.
- Advanced media player for listening to music, watching videos and viewing pictures.
- 2 megapixel digital camera with digital zoom, flash and video recording*.
- DataViz(R)Documents To Go(R)preinstalled for editing Microsoft(R) Word, Excel and PowerPoint files directly on the smartphone.
- Speakerphonethat provides exceptional sound quality.
- Expandable memory of up to 16GB through its microSD/SDHC memory card slot, providing plenty of storage for pictures, videos, music and documents.
- Bluetooth(R)2.0 support for hands-free use with headsets, car kits, stereo headsets and other Bluetooth peripherals.
- Support for thousands of applications, including business, lifestyle and entertainment titles.
- Stereo headset jack for calls, push-to-talk conversations, music and other audio.
- Removable/rechargeable 1400 mAH battery.
"The BlackBerry Curve 8350i smartphone is ideal for customers who want the benefit of the popular Nextel Direct Connect service together with the power of the BlackBerry platform," said Mark Guibert, vice president of corporate marketing at RIM. "We think Nextel Direct Connect customers will be very pleased with its range of new features and stylish design, and we are very excited to be launching the BlackBerry Curve 8350i smartphone today with Sprint."
The BlackBerry Curve 8350i smartphone is available beginning today at www.sprint.com
or 1-800-SPRINT-1 or from a Sprint business sales representative. It is
available for as low as
The BlackBerry Curve 8350i smartphone measures 4.4" x 2.4" x .7" and weighs 4.7 ounces. For more information about the BlackBerry Curve 8350i smartphone, visit: www.sprint.com. For more information about Nextel Direct Connect, visit www.sprint.com/nextel.
* Video recording requires a microSD card, sold separately.
Forward-looking statements in this news release are made pursuant to the
"safe harbor" provisions of the United States Private Securities
Litigation Reform Act of 1995. When used herein, words such as "intend"
and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking
statements. Forward-looking statements are based on assumptions made by
and information available to
The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are
the exclusive properties and trademarks of
EDITOR’S NOTE: VISIT WWW.SPRINT.COM/NEWSROOM FOR MORE INFORMATION ON SPRINT DEVICES, INCLUDING FACT SHEETS AND IMAGES.
CONTACT: Media Contacts:
Aaron Radelet, 703-433-8246
RIM Investor Relations