Sprint Offers Access to Exclusive Wireless Site to Those Texting
SNOW to 7777
OVERLAND PARK, Kan.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 11, 2007--Skiers and snowboarders need to look no further than their Sprint (NYSE:S) or Nextel mobile phone to get updates on snow conditions at resorts throughout North America, share and watch videos with their peers, or get the latest updates on the U.S. Ski Team and the U.S. Snowboarding team.
Sprint today announces SnowZone, an exclusive wireless site that allows users to get the information they crave from the latest weather and snow conditions at their favorite resorts to getting video clips with the latest tips and tricks from gold medal athletes including freestyle skier Jonny Moseley, known for pushing moguls skiing to the limits, and snowboarder Seth Wescott, who won the first snowboardcross gold medal in his sport last February. Additionally Sprint Power View segments featuring interviews with America’s best skiers and snowboarders will be offered, and users can share and watch their most exciting moments on the slopes without having to come off the mountain.
"This is about the skier and snowboarder lifestyle," said Steve Gaffney, director of sports marketing for Sprint. "The content Sprint is providing in this section speaks to skiers and snowboarders who want to be in the know and connected to their family, friends, and the skiing and snowboarding community while they are on the slopes."
SnowZone content is available to Sprint PCS Vision(R) and Sprint Power Vision(SM) pack subscribers free of charge. It can be accessed via the Vision or Power Vision home deck or by texting SNOW to 7777. Standard text messaging rates apply.
SnowZone currently includes the following content:
- Snow Reports - Provides weather updates and the latest snow conditions at ski resorts throughout the U.S. and Canada broken down by region (Far West, Rockies, Midwest, Mid Atlantic, East)
- Powder Shots - This section features exclusive video content from Sprint Power View Inside Ride hosted by Moseley and Power View sports anchor Ryan McDonough. Shows will include U.S. Ski Team and U.S. Snowboarding event coverage and interviews with premier athletes as well as tips and tricks from expert skiers and riders.
- In the Know, News and Events - Get the latest news and information about the U.S. Ski Team and U.S. Snowboarding team with updated results from competitions around the world. Also included are athlete biographies on all the relevant snow sports including alpine, freestyle, cross country, ski jumping, nordic combined, and disabled skiing and snowboarding.
- SnowZone Photo/Video Share - Users can join the SnowZone community to share photos and videos from the hills as well as check out what others have submitted on their phone. Selected favorite photos and videos will be featured in the Sprint Power View Inside Ride program. Additionally users can read blogs on tips, tricks, gear and more from Moseley and Wescott.
- Fun on the Run - Get exclusive access to Moseley’s full-track downloads from the Sprint Music Store or download music and music videos from MTV Mobile, Sony Music Box, GoTV Alternative Rock and Hip Hop. Users can also watch Extreme TV (on Sprint TV) or download some of the most extreme wireless games and play them directly on their Sprint or Nextel phone.
- Express Yourself - Included in this section are Wescott’s featured ring tones as well as the hottest ringers, screen savers and call tones.
- Community Chat - Users can share their own tips, gear reviews and other thoughts with the skiing and snowboarding community directly from a Sprint or Nextel phone using some of the most popular messaging vehicles including Sports Lounge, Phat Lounge, Yahoo!, AOL and MSN.
Additional SnowZone content will be added throughout the 2007 season.
About Sprint Sports Content
Sprint continually produces wireless data services that are first, better and unique - and the company’s sports offerings are a distinct example of this leadership. Sprint’s sponsorship of NASCAR’s premier series - the NEXTEL Cup, the National Football League and the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association yield compelling and exciting content for Sprint customers, such as:
- Exclusive mobile access to NFL video and audio game highlights;
- A live stream of NFL Network and exclusive mobile access to NFL Films;
- Real-time Gamecenter, providing up-to-the-minute details for every player and every game.
- NEXTEL FanScan, which provides in-car team communication during each NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series(TM) race via Sprint Nextel phones;
- Driver ringers, call tones, screen savers and telecards which enable fans to personalize their phones with content from their favorite NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series drivers
- Industry’s first, made-for-mobile sports and entertainment network, offering the latest news and information from the world of sports. Host-driven programming breaking news, daily roundup reports, interviews with well-known athletes and features on the NFL, NASCAR, winter action sports and other special events.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including two robust wireless networks serving more than 51 million customers at the end of third quarter 2006; industry-leading mobile data services; instant national and international walkie-talkie capabilities; and an award-winning and global Tier 1 Internet backbone. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.
CONTACT: Sprint Nextel
Dave Mellin, 720-840-4788
SOURCE: Sprint Nextel