With a tie for first in Call Performance and the launch of Unlimited Freedom, there’s never been a better time to switch to Sprint.
CINCINNATI (BUSINESS WIRE), September 01, 2016 - Sprint (NYSE:S) today announced that its network in Cincinnati received a shared 1st place ranking for call performance according to a new RootScore® Report by independent mobile analytics firm RootMetrics®.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160901006133/en/
This marks the second consecutive test period that Sprint has won or shared the Call Performance RootScore award in Cincinnati. In this 2nd Half 2016 test RootMetrics drove a total of 2,718 miles and conducted 41,817 tests.
“There’s never been a better time to ditch the other carriers and switch to Sprint,” said Mark Nachman, Sprint president of Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. “It’s evident that our Cincinnati network continues to get better every day and we’re laser-focused on improving our competitive position as we further enhance our network.”
Sprint Launches Unlimited Freedom Premium
Following our successful kick-off of Sprint’s Unlimited Freedom, we announced more good news for Sprint customers with the availability of Unlimited Freedom Premium. For those customers who want to watch video, listen to music and stream games in higher resolution on their mobile devices, Sprint introduces Unlimited Freedom Premium.
Now we offer two distinct options for customers who want unlimited1:
1) Unlimited Freedom - An unlimited option for $60/month2 with mobile optimized streaming video, music and gaming; and
2) Unlimited Freedom Premium - An unlimited option for $80/month for those who prefer a higher quality video, gaming and music experience.
Unlimited Freedom Premium
- For those customers who prefer even higher resolution streaming, our new premium resolution option delivers up to HD-quality streaming experience for video, music and gaming.
- Customers can select premium resolution streaming on Unlimited Freedom Premium for $80 a month for one line or $140 per month for two lines.
- Limited time offer: Act now and get premium resolution streaming for FREE thru 10/31/16, when you sign up for Unlimited Freedom Premium.
- This plan provides a premium quality mobile streaming experience with HD streaming videos at up to 1080p+, HD music streaming at up to 1.5 Mbps and streaming gaming at up to 8 Mbps.
The best part is that the premium resolution experience is family-friendly. Family members can pick the plan best suited to them. Mom can choose the Unlimited Freedom plan for her line of service, while her son needs Unlimited Freedom Premium for its HD quality streaming gaming. Dad may be fine with Unlimited Freedom, but his daughter sees Unlimited Freedom Premium as a necessity for streaming her favorite music.
As a reminder, Unlimited Freedom is simple and straightforward with no access charges or ugly hidden fees. Coupled with Sprint’s reliable network, customers get the best price among all carriers and can enjoy as much data – worry free – as they want. And, in tests with actual consumers, most indicated the difference between HD and optimized video was practically indistinguishable.
- Unlimited Freedom is the only plan that gives customers two lines of unlimited talk, text and data for the incredible price of $100 a month. And a family of 4 can get Unlimited Freedom for just $160 a month.
- Unlimited Freedom includes unlimited mobile optimized streaming videos, gaming and music and unlimited 4G LTE data for most everything else.
- This plan will use mobile optimization for streaming video, gaming and music, delivering a high-quality viewing experience for mobile devices with video streams at up to 480p+ resolution, gaming at up to 2Mbps and music streams at extreme quality of up to 500kbps.
Unlimited Freedom for Small Business
Small Business customers are also able to take advantage of Unlimited Freedom with an additional $5 discount per line. Line one for a small business customer is $55/month; line two is $35/month; and lines 3-10 are $25/month. All small business customers are able to receive the Unlimited Freedom Premium Experience for an additional $20/month per line.
Best Plans on the Planet
Sprint has listened to wireless users and created groundbreaking plans for customers to fully enjoy unlimited data. Unlimited Freedom is a great option for the vast majority of smartphone users to access social media, send photos, and watch mobile optimized video. Unlimited Freedom Premium is designed for those who demand a higher quality HD experience. With the launch of these new plans, Sprint is the only carrier to offer customers clear, simple and worry-free options and solutions for their wireless needs at unbeatable prices.
RootMetrics, an independent mobile analytics firm that offers insights into the consumer mobile experience, tests the networks of all four major wireless carriers in the U.S. twice per year. The company provides objective, unbiased assessments of performance across a broad range of consumer-oriented mobile activities including data usage, calling, and texting. Network reliability measures a customer’s ability to establish and keep a data connection, make and retain a call, and send and receive texts.
Rankings based on RootMetrics Cincinnati (July 2016) RootScore Report for mobile performance as tested on best available plans and devices on 4 mobile networks across all available network types. The RootMetrics award is not an endorsement of Sprint. Your results may vary. See www.rootmetrics.com for details.
Sprint (NYSE: S) is a communications services company that creates more and better ways to connect its customers to the things they care about most. Sprint served more than 59.4 million connections as of June 30th, 2016 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; leading no-contract brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Sprint has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) North America for the past five years. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
1 Data deprioritization applies during times of
congestion. All while on the Sprint Network.
2 Up to $30 activation fee per line applies. All prices exclude taxes and surcharges.