By Jack Pflanz
November 19, 2014
Sprint Prepaid is on a roll. In September, we announced that Sprint Prepaid launched three new monthly plans, for those customers who have an affinity for the Sprint brand but want a no-contract, no credit check, no long-term commitment solution for their wireless needs.
- $35 – Unlimited Talk, Text and 1GB data1
- $45 – Unlimited Talk, Text and 3GB data2
- $55 – Unlimited Talk, Text and 6GB data
Now Sprint Prepaid is going head to head with Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Metro PCS, NET10 and Claro at national retail in the U.S. and Puerto Rico, in such stores as Best Buy and Radio Shack and online with Amazon.com, HSN.com and QVC.com. SPP is available in the U.S. in Fry store locations as well.
Then we’ve made it easy for customers to add 1GB of data to any of the plans listed above for just $10/month, with access to limited international3 and roaming4 services as well.
But wait there’s more…………..
In addition to a lineup of devices that offers both feature phones and smartphones, new devices are now available in these new channels ensuring that there is something for every need and every budget:
- LG Tribute™ – Includes many of the innovative features found on LG’s flagship device, the G3 such as the “Gesture” shutter that lets you take selfies by making a fist instead of fumbling for a button on your phone. “Knock Code Security” is an innovative way to protect information stored on your device. Simply record a pattern of 3-8 random taps on your screen and then unlock your phone quickly and securely by repeating that pattern.
- Sharp AQUOS Crystal – This great-looking device breaks the mold of traditional smartphone design with its frameless 5-inch edge-to-edge vibrant display and stunning picture quality. Powered by Android™ 4.4.2, KitKat, and 2.5GHz LTE, AQUOS Crystal showcases incredible audio with Harman Kardon® sound technologies and HD Voice. It also offers an array of camera features that can make any amateur look like a pro. Plus, Sharp’s exclusive Clip Now feature takes a screenshot with one easy swipe for easy sharing with family and friends. AQUOS Crystal is truly technology without bounds.
- HTC Desire® 510 – Ultra features, ultra value. The phone you desire and others will envy. Equipped with Android 4.4.2, KitKat, a 4.7-inch touchscreen display, and quad-core processor, HTC Desire 510 streams video and music beautifully.
- LG Volt – LG Volt runs Android 4.4.2, KitKat, is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ processor, and boasts a strong enough battery for up to 24 hours of talk time. This makes this lightweight smartphone a powerful all-day performer while on-the-go.Samsung Galaxy S® III Tri-band and Galaxy S 5 Tri-band have also been added.
About Sprint Prepaid
Sprint introduced “Sprint As You Go” in 2013 to provide customers the option of a no long-term contract, no-credit check, no commitment solution. In 2014, the offer name was change to Sprint Prepaid. For more information please click here.
Jack Pflanz is a communications manager for the Prepaid Group at Sprint. Based in upstate New York, he works primarily with Assurance Wireless, payLo by Virgin Mobile and Sprint Prepaid and is well versed in the company’s prepaid offerings. Jack can be reached at Jack.Pflanz@Sprint.com.
1High speed data thresholds are capped for all three plans.
2All plans include respective 3G/4G high-speed data allotment applicable to monthly plan. Video streaming may be limited to 3G speeds.
3International calling to destinations that require dialing 011 before the number is not available. Calling other international destinations not requiring 011 before the number will be subject to the applicable rates on www.sprint.com/prepaidinternational. Calls to Puerto Rico, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa and the U.S. Virgin Islands are included in all Sprint Prepaid’s standard airtime rates; there is no additional international charge. Inbound international calls from all destinations are and will be available. Inbound/Outbound international SMS services are available and will be subject to a rate of $0.15 per SMS message.
4New customers on the $35/$45/$55 Unlimited Talk & Text w/monthly data options plans effective on or after 9/12/2014 will have access to 50 minutes domestic voice while roaming. Customers effective before 9/12/2014 will not have access to roaming.