- Newsweek has released its inaugural environmental ranking of the America’s 500 largest corporations and Sprint ranked #15, the highest among U.S. telecom companies.
- Sprint also scored highest among U.S. based wireless companies on the Carbon Disclosure Project’s (CDP) 2009 Global 500 Report on carbon disclosure. In 2008, Sprint achieved a 6.8% reduction moving from 2.18M metric tons of GHG emissions to 2.03M metric tons.
Executive Quotes from Sprint CEO Dan Hesse
- "We at Sprint are honored and grateful for the recognition that our company’s green initiatives have received from Newsweek and the Carbon Disclosure Project… We are extremely proud of this recognition, but Sprint’s green strategy is much more than awards and acknowledgments. Our focus on corporate social responsibility and green initiatives helps drive social and environmental improvement."
- "We are leading our industry by example -- continuing to set policies and achieve aggressive, measurable goals that hold our organization - and our industry - to a higher standard."
Sprint CEO Dan Hesse discusses Sprint recent environmental recognition from Newsweek and the Carbon Disclosure Project
Sprint’s Recent Environmental Initiatives
- Sprint recently announced a new line of eco-friendly accessories that are featured in Sprint’s dedicated Green Area in Sprint Retail Stores.
- The Samsung Reclaim, currently available from Sprint, is the first U.S. wireless phone built from eco-friendly bio-plastic.
- When customers purchase Samsung Reclaim from Sprint $2 of the proceeds will benefit the Nature Conservancy’s Adopt an Acre Program.
- Sprint recently received a $7.3 million grant from the U.S. Department of Energy to expand its use of hydrogen fuel cells as backup power for cell sites. An industry leader, Sprint has deployed more than 250 hydrogen fuel cell generators across its wireless networks and has received 12 patents from the U.S. Patent Office that include hydrogen fuel cells.
Newsweek Green Rankings
Meet the Samsung Reclaim
View Sprint’s line of Eco Accessories
Carbon Disclosure Project’s (CDP) 2009 Global 500 Report
Sprint Corporate Social Responsibility
Media Contact: Alex Hahn, email@example.com