Sprint CEO Dan Hesse highlights the plan’s benefits and introduces the evolution of brand messaging in a TV ad debuting today
OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Mar 17, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Sprint (NYSE:S) announced that it will launch new marketing initiatives to support its Simply Everything unlimited pricing plan, which has excited customers after debuting two weeks ago. Today Sprint is introducing a new nationwide commercial featuring Sprint CEO Dan Hesse discussing the plan’s benefits. The ad will be the first to include Sprint’s new "Now Network" positioning, which will emphasize an immediate approach to customer service and to the capabilities Sprint’s products provide.
Sprint is the only U.S. carrier that offers a plan that combines unlimited use of voice, messaging and extensive data services for $99.99 per month (or customers can opt for the Talk/Message/Direct Connect plan with unlimited voice and messaging for $89.99 per month without additional data services).
"For many years, Sprint has been the leader in wireless data in the U.S., launching innovative services and maintaining the highest average data revenue per user in the industry," said Roger Entner, senior vice president at IAG Research. "The Simply Everything plan is evidence that Sprint is committed to continuing its position as the data leader and rolling out new ways to deliver the best value to its current and potential customers."
Sprint’s new TV commercial for the Simply Everything plan features Sprint CEO Dan Hesse saying: "Here’s our idea: You get to use your phone for all the great things it can do without worrying about the meter running. How’s that for a revolution in wireless?" The ad, developed by San Francisco-based Goodby, Silverstein & Partners, demonstrates that Sprint’s most important priority is customer satisfaction and that it begins at the very top of the company. To watch the commercial, download high-resolution images of it or learn more about the Simply Everything plan, visit www.sprint.com/presskits.
"Sprint is removing the barriers that limit what our customers can do with their phones," said John Garcia, chief marketing officer for Sprint. "Customers want more than unlimited voice. They want unlimited capabilities without the worry of additional expense. We are working to ensure that nothing stands in the way of our customers getting the right customer support, the right phone, the right services and the right plan at the right price - all right now."
In an example of delivering information to customers "now," Garcia will participate today in a live online chat on "Buzz about Wireless," Sprint’s online community site. He will answer questions about the Simply Everything plan, the "Now Network" messaging and other initiatives. To read a transcript from the event, visit www.buzzaboutwireless.com.
The Simply Everything plan has already received high levels of positive feedback from Sprint customers, including:
- "Sprint’s Simply Everything plan allows me to take advantage of all the latest technology at reduced costs. It’s a win-win situation," said Tony Billinger of Titusville, Fla.
- "I’m already seeing benefits. Being able to send text messages and emails without worrying about my usage has made it much easier for me to stay in touch with clients and co-workers," said Eric Ridley of Phoenix, Ariz.
- "It’s unbelievable and bar none the best. I particularly love that the plan includes GPS Navigation and Sprint TV," said Shane Schloss of Pueblo, Colo.
Unlike unlimited plans from the competition, which do not include data services at a $99.99 unlimited price, Sprint’s Simply Everything $99.99 plan includes:
- Unlimited talking (to make domestic voice calls without worrying about going over set minutes)
- Unlimited Web surfing (to receive access to the Internet right from the phone)
- Unlimited e-mailing (to send and receive emails from multiple accounts)
- Unlimited text messaging (to send and receive domestic text messages to any wireless or landline phone)
- Unlimited video messaging (to record videos and send them to other phones and email addresses)
- Unlimited picture sharing (to take photos and upload them to an online account or to send to other phones, email addresses or printers)
- Unlimited GPS Navigation (to get GPS-enabled turn-by-turn voice and on-screen driving directions and millions of local address and phone listings)
- Unlimited Nextel Direct Connect (to make push-to-talk connections instantly with the touch of a button)
- Unlimited Sprint TV (to watch more than 20 different channels)
- Unlimited Sprint Music (to listen to more than 150 radio channels and download songs for $ .99)
- Unlimited NFL Mobile (to track real-time NFL statistics, scores, injury reports and other updates)
- Unlimited NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile (to find extensive NASCAR info such as point standings and live leader boards)
The $99.99 Simply Everything domestic plan is available to all Sprint customers. Existing Sprint customers can switch to the Simply Everything plan without extending their current contract, but new-line activations require a two-year agreement. For more information or to subscribe, Sprint customer service can be contacted at www.sprint.com, 1-800-SPRINT-1 or any participating Sprint retail location.
For families, Simply Everything includes an incremental $5 discount for each additional line, up to five lines on the same bill. For example, two lines would amount to $194.98 ($99.99 + $94.99); a third line would cost an additional $89.99. This is in sharp contrast to the multi-line unlimited rates offered by some competitors since the Sprint plan offers significant savings the more lines a customer adds.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including two robust wireless networks serving approximately 54 million customers at the end of 2007; industry-leading mobile data services; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.
* Monthly charges exclude taxes, Sprint Surcharges (including USF charge of up to 10.2% (varies quarterly), Administrative Charge ($0.75/line/mo.), Regulatory Charge ($0.20/line/mo.) & state/local fees by area). Sprint Surcharges are not taxes or gov’t-required charges and are subject to change. Details: sprint.com/taxesandfees. May require up to a $36 activation fee/line, credit approval, deposit. $200 early termination fee/line. Simply Everything Plan: Premium content/downloads (games, ringers, songs, certain channels, etc.) are additional charge. Text to third parties to participate in promotions or other may result in additional charges. GPS Navigation includes Sprint Navigation or Telenav GPS Navigator. GPS reliability varies by environment. International services are not included. E-mail includes use of ActiveSync, Mircrosoft Windows Mobile with Direct Push,(TM) Versamail, IBM Lotus Notes Traveler(R) or BlackBerry(R) Internet Service (BIS). Direct Connect and Group Connect (20 max. participants) allows connection to other Nextel Direct Connect subscribers. Offer and service plan features not available in all markets/retail locations or for all phones/networks. Sprint may terminate service if a majority of minutes or a majority of kilobytes in a given month are used while roaming. Services are not available for use as a modem, in connection with server devices or host computer applications, other systems that drive continuous heavy traffic or data sessions, or as substitute for frame relay connections. Other Terms: The Nationwide Sprint Network reaches over 262 million people. The Nextel National Network reaches over 274 million people. The Sprint Mobile Broadband Network reaches over 230 million people. Coverage not available everywhere. Not combinable with other discounts. Other restrictions apply. See store or sprint.com for details. (C)2008 Sprint. (C)2008 NFL Properties LLC. NASCAR(R) and the NASCAR logo are registered trademarks of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc.
Sprint Aaron Radelet, 703-433-8246