Next generation of two of 2014’s most popular smartphones with improved displays, enhanced LTE Web surfing and new selfie capabilities
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), June 29, 2015 - Two of last year’s hottest phones are returning with some exciting new updates. Available now from Boost Mobile, LG Tribute 2™ and LG Volt 2™ are the second generation of their respective LG family lines and include LG’s signature Rear-Key and slim and sleek design, coupled with new powerful performance and fun selfie features.
Both smartphones offer a 1.2GHz quad-core processor and access to enhanced LTE for high-speed Web surfing. Other key features available on both devices include:
- Knock Code™ for a personalized knock sequence to wake and unlock your phone
- QuickMemo®+ to write or draw on nearly any screen and schedule memos to appear at certain times using calendar inputs
- Ability to adjust height to adapt to your typing style and patterns
- Fun selfie features, including Gesture Shot, which lets you snap a picture by holding up a simple hand gesture, Gesture Interval Shot that takes a sequence of four selfies, and a Selfie Light to improve photo quality in low lighting
- Wi-Fi® Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n
LG Tribute 2
LG Tribute 2 offers a 4.5-inch IPS display with 854x480 resolution versus the first LG Tribute, which offered a 4.5-inch WVGA (Wide VGA) display with 800x480 resolution. This larger screen is an ideal size for viewing content in vibrant, genuine color. Improved battery performance1 with LG Tribute 2 comes from a 1,900mAh battery that offers up to 16 hours of talk time.
“The customer response to LG Tribute and LG Volt was tremendous, and they were two of Boost Mobile’s hottest smartphones in 2014,” said Angela Rittgers, vice president-Marketing, Boost Mobile. “We felt that with updates to the operating system, displays and cameras, the second generation would offer two great new options for customers looking to upgrade their smartphone experience.”
LG Volt 2
LG Volt 2 is upgraded to a 5-inch high-definition IPS display with 1,280x720 resolution, improving the 4.7-inch qHD (quarter high-definition) display with 960x540 resolution featured on the initial LG Volt. This upgrade offers Boost Mobile customers a more vibrant and genuine viewing experience. The front-facing camera has been upgraded to 5 megapixels from 1.3 megapixels, and the rear-facing camera captures photos in 8 megapixels.
LG Tribute 2 and LG Volt 2 are built on Android™ 5.1, Lollipop. The latest version of Android offers several important upgrades over the Android 4.4, KitKat, operating system available on predecessor smartphones:
- Battery saver mode detects when the battery is low and adjusts device usage to extend battery life.
- Notifications are prioritized and can be viewed, opened and responded to from the lock screen, making it quicker and easier to respond.
- The newest version of Lollipop also makes it easier to connect to Wi-Fi networks and paired Bluetooth devices with the ability to manage connections through the Quick Settings menu.
- For the security-conscious, Android 5.1 security enhancements prevent a would-be thief from factory resetting the smartphone without the Google profile password used to provision the device.
Data Boost Plans
Boost Mobile is one of the best values in the prepaid wireless industry with the $30 Data Boost Up plan2. After signing up for automatic payments with Auto Re-Boost, get unlimited talk, text and data with 2GB of high-speed data for $30 per month.
|Price||$30 with Auto
|Talk & Text3||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
Includes 2GB of
Includes 1GB of
Includes 5GB of
Includes 10GB of
For more information and downloadable materials, please visit the LG Tribute 2 and LG Volt 2 Press Kit
About Boost Mobile
Established in 2002, Boost Mobile, part of the Sprint Prepaid Group, redefines value for wireless consumers with more data for less and no long-term commitment to a subscription contract. Operating on the Nationwide Sprint 3G Network for data and the Nationwide Sprint Network for voice services, both reaching more than 281 million people respectively, as well as the nationwide Sprint 4G LTE Network, which reaches more than 280 million people. Its award-winning customer service has been recognized more than eight times. Learn more about Boost Mobile online on Facebook, Google+, Instagram and Twitter.
1Actual battery time may vary depending on network connectivity and application use.
2Plan increases to $40 without Auto Re-Boost enrollment.
3Unlimited features are on-network only; international services extra.
4Video streaming limited to 3G speeds. 3G/4G speeds subject to coverage/device availability. Once plan’s applicable 3G/4G data allotment reached, speeds (including video) reduced to 2G speeds for remainder of plan cycle and restored when new plan cycle begins.
Danielle Babbington, 949-748-3418