Sprint Next-Gen Network and 5G News
Network Key Facts
- No one beats Sprint for fastest average download speeds in 105 cities1
- Most improved national average download speeds year-over-year2
- 87% increase in year-over-year national average download speeds3
- LTE Advanced is nationwide delivering up to 2X faster speeds than before and Gigabit Class LTE available in more than 270 markets4
- More licensed mobile broadband spectrum than any other U.S. carrier
- Launching the first mobile 5G network in U.S. in 1H2019
- Sprint 5G initial markets: Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Kansas City, LA, NYC, Phoenix, Washington, D.C.
1Analysis by Ookla® of Speedtest Intelligence® data average download speeds from 10/1/18 to 12/31/18 for all mobile results.
2 Sprint’s analysis of Nielsen’s Drive Test data in the top 106 markets for GET3 speeds (10 seconds 1GB parallel file download testing network capability) comparing 2017 D1 to latest drives (completed from 6/18 to 11/18)
3 Reprinted from pcmag.com with permission. 2018 Ziff Davis, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
4 Compared with Sprint 4G LTE. Req. gigabit-class device.
Today Sprint offers its best coverage ever, with reliability customers can count on. Sprint LTE Advanced is now available nationwide, delivering up to 2x faster speeds than before to customers with capable devices. And, Sprint offers Gigabit-class LTE in more than 225 cities. With its Next-Gen Network investment, Sprint is unlocking the power of its spectrum assets to improve coverage, reliability and speed across its nationwide network and launch the first mobile 5G network in the United States in the first half of 2019. Sprint 5G will enable incredible new connections to people and things, services and opportunities that will allow our customers to live a better life.