Sprint Next-Gen Network and 5G News
Network Key Facts
- LTE Advanced is nationwide delivering up to 2X faster speeds than before and Gigabit Class LTE available in more than 300 cities.1
- True Mobile 5G is now available in areas of Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles, New York City, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C.
- True Mobile 5G service covers approximately 2,100 square miles in total across 9 markets.
- 11 million people are expected to be covered in total across all nine market areas.
- Sprint is using mid-band 2.5 GHz spectrum for 5G by deploying Massive MIMO radios on existing cell sites.
1Compared with Sprint 4G LTE. Req. gigabit-class device.
Today Sprint offers its best coverage ever, with reliability customers can count on. Sprint LTE Advanced is now available nationwide, delivering up to 2x faster speeds than before to customers with capable devices. And, Sprint offers Gigabit-class LTE in more than 300 cities. With its Next-Gen Network investment, Sprint is unlocking the power of its spectrum assets to improve coverage, reliability and speed across its nationwide network. Sprint True Mobile 5G delivers blazing-fast download speeds in areas of Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles, New York City, Phoenix and Washington, D.C., covering approximately 2,100 square miles and 11 million people total across all nine market areas. Where available, Sprint 5G will enable incredible new connections to people and things, services and opportunities that will allow our customers to live a better life. This includes powering new experiences for wireless customers, including gaming and entertainment services, IoT and business applications. Sprint 5G is a platform for innovation that will create new opportunities and growth across a wide range of industries such as healthcare, manufacturing, technology, agriculture, transportation, hospitality.