Sprint Next-Gen Network and 5G News
Network Key Facts
- No one beats Sprint for fastest average download speeds in 105 cities1
- Sprint has biggest increase in download speeds vs. competitors: 140%2
- LTE Advanced is nationwide delivering up to 2X faster speeds than before and Gigabit Class LTE available in more than 270 markets3
- More licensed mobile broadband spectrum than any other U.S. carrier
- Launching mobile 5G network in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, and Kansas City in May, followed by Houston, LA, NYC, Phoenix, Washington, D.C. in the first half of 2019
1Analysis by Ookla® of Speedtest Intelligence® data average download speeds from 10/1/18 to 12/31/18 for all mobile results.
2Sprint’s analysis of Nielsen’s Drive Test data in the top 106 markets for GET3 speeds (10 seconds 1GB parallel file download testing network capability) comparing 2017 D1 to latest drives (completed from 8/18 to 12/18)
3Compared with Sprint 4G LTE. Req. gigabit-class device.
Today Sprint offers its best coverage ever, with reliability customers can count on. Sprint LTE Advanced is now available nationwide, delivering up to 2x faster speeds than before to customers with capable devices. And, Sprint offers Gigabit-class LTE in more than 300 cities. With its Next-Gen Network investment, Sprint is unlocking the power of its spectrum assets to improve coverage, reliability and speed across its nationwide network and launch its mobile 5G network in nine top U.S. markets in the first half of 2019. At launch, Sprint's total initial 5G footprint will cover more than 1,000 square miles across all nine cities offering true mobility for its on-the-go customers. Sprint 5G will enable incredible new connections to people and things, services and opportunities that will allow our customers to live a better life. This includes powering new experiences for wireless customers, from gaming and entertainment services, to IoT and business applications.