Serving Sprint Customers Through Spirit of Teamwork
March 27, 2020
The #SprintFam is doing an amazing job during this unprecedented time, and our Customer Care representatives are working around the clock to help and advise customers. Learn more here
Sprint Accessibility Response to COVID-19
March 25, 2020
As we continue to adapt our business in response to COVID-19, we want to share an update on our ongoing actions that will help ensure the continued operations of Sprint’s essential Accessibility services. Please check back here for Sprint Accessibility service-related updates, as they become available. Learn more here
Taking Care of our Network
March, 23, 2020
Sprint continues to closely monitor, optimize and protect our network during this very important and critical time. Learn more here
Sprint customers can now help those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic with a text-to-donate one-time gift. Learn more here
Sprint Business Wireline Response to COVID-19
March 20, 2020
As we continue to adapt our respective businesses in response to COVID-19, we want to share an update on our ongoing actions that will ensure the continued operations of Sprint’s essential Wireline services. Learn more here
Boost Mobile’s Response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
March 19, 2020
As more and more people across the country are being impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want our customers, employees and communities to know that during this very difficult time, Boost Mobile is putting in place the following measures to help customers impacted by this unprecedented event. Learn more here
A Message to Sprint Customers
March 17, 2020
In an effort to keep our Sprint customers informed, we wanted to share the following updates. Sprint is doing everything we can to slow the spread of COVID-19. Our priority is keeping our customers, employees and communities safe. Learn more here
COVID-19 Important Updates: Sprint Responds
March 17, 2020
Out of an abundance of caution for its employees, customers and the communities it serves, Sprint is closing all but its most highly critical retail stores. Learn more here
T-Mobile to Expand Roaming for Sprint Customers
March 14, 2020
T-Mobile has expanded roaming access for Sprint customers to use the T-Mobile network. Sprint’s network will have expanded coverage and capacity – including in rural areas – over the next 60 days. Learn more here
While COVID-19 puts an important (yet unfortunate) spotlight on the Homework Gap issue, the 1Million Project Foundation is committed to supporting our partner districts and is taking these additional steps in light of today’s pandemic. Learn more here
A Message Re Coronavirus (COVID-19): We’re Committed to our Customers, Employees and Communities
March 13, 2020
By Dow Draper, Chief Commercial Officer
As more and more people across the country are being impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want our customers, employees and communities to know that during this very difficult time, Sprint is putting in place the following measures to help customers impacted by this unprecedented event:
For our customers:
- Today, Sprint signed FCC Chairman Ajit Pai’s Keep Americans Connected Pledge. For the next 60 days, we will support our residential and small business customers by:
- Not terminating service if they are unable to pay their Sprint bill because of the coronavirus, and
- Waiving late fees incurred because of economic circumstances related to the pandemic.
- Starting on March 17, per-minute calling rates for international long distance calls to countries identified by the Center for Disease Control as Level 3 are waived through 5/31/20. Customers are still responsible for any monthly charges for add-on international long-distance calling plans.
- By March 18:
- Customers with metered data plans will receive unlimited data per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
- We will provide customers with an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot data per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
- Beginning March 18 - 26:
- Customers with mobile hotspot-capable handsets who don’t have mobile hotspot today will now get 20GB as well per month for 60 days (a minimum of two bill cycles) at no extra cost.
- For more information about these changes, please visit Sprint.com.
- Customers who prefer to, can easily take advantage of Sprint’s various self-service and digital options to get the help they need through the My Sprint App and the Online support center.
Sprint’s Support of 1Million Project Foundation:
- The 1Million Project Foundation’s efforts to connect kids without home internet has become that much more important to schools, community leaders and district administrators as they grapple with ongoing educational challenges as schools are canceled. Starting March 17, we will be increasing the data allotment provided to students from 10GB to 20GBeach month from now through June 30, 2020.
- Sprint will continue to support the 1Million Project Foundation’s 350,000 high school students who lack critical internet access at home and its mission to connect hundreds of thousands more in the future.
- We are making every effort to accelerate our receipt of more than 100,000 new devices intended for use next school year so that we can deploy them as soon as possible to respond to the new environment.
- Sprint has taken steps to help keep customers connected, including over the last couple of years, a considerable amount of upgrades to our network all across the country.
- We will also add more capacity to some high utilization sites to make sure that we are able to support any increases in usage demand.
- And, our teams continue to closely monitor, optimize and protect the network at all times. These efforts will help ensure our customers are able to depend on our network.
- With an increase in customers working from home and for better connectivity indoors, Sprint also wants to encourage our customers to enable their Wi-Fi Calling feature on their devices.
For our employees:
- We are following guidance from the CDC to drive our decisions related to the virus, encouraging all office-based employees around the country to work remotely if possible.
- Instructing our employees to take proper hygienic steps as outlined by the CDC when interfacing with customers and fellow employees.
- Reminding our employees of individual actions they can take to help curb the spread of COVID-19, including washing hands more often, avoiding close contact with people who are sick, covering coughs and sneezes and cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We will continue to monitor this situation very closely and make updates as needed to ensure we are doing everything we can for our customers, employees and communities.