Here is a checklist of important steps you can take to help protect your own mobile privacy:
- Lock it: Use a PIN or passcode for your device and change it regularly.
- Practice safe surfing: Don’t click on unfamiliar links while browsing on mobile.
- Check the settings on your device and make sure you are only sharing the information you want to share.
- Download a reputable security app for your device to help keep it safe, to find a lost device, or lock and wipe your data clean if your phone can’t be recovered.
- Recycle your old device, but before recycling, follow the manufacturer’s instructions for wiping your device clean of all data.