Sprint will award more than $100,000 to K-12 schools and PTAs across the country
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. – Aug. 7, 2019 – Sprint (NYSE: S) is showing some serious back-to-school spirit, giving away more than $100,000 to lucky, eligible K-12 school PTAs. And the local community can help determine the winners! By visiting select Sprint stores Friday, Aug. 9, through Sunday, Aug. 11, parents, students and others can cast a vote for a local K-12 school they want to win $5,000. No purchase is necessary to participate.
A total of 21 schools in cities such as Kansas City, Las Vegas, New Orleans and Phoenix will be awarded $5,000 each based on voting. After voting, and while supplies last, participants can spin a prize wheel and win their own back-to-school necessities.
Here’s how it works:
- Voting is open to everyone over 18 – no need to be a Sprint customer
- The list of participating cities and stores can be found here: bit.ly/SprintLocations-BTS.
- Voting hours at select stores are: 4-8 p.m. on Aug. 9; 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Aug. 10; Noon to 6 p.m. on Aug. 11. (All times are local.)
- See full promotion rules here bit.ly/SprintRules-BTS.
“This is a fun way to celebrate the back-to-school season and give back to schools across the country,” said Steve Gaffney, vice president-Marketing. “We designed this first-time program to make it easy for the community to visit, vote and get involved in how the $100,000 is distributed. And…they also get a chance to win some great prizes for themselves from Sprint while supplies last.”
This weekend Sprint also has some sizzling-hot specials at Sprint stores. For example:
- Friday thru Sunday get $100 for every line activated with a phone purchase or lease when someone switches to Sprint from another wireless carrier. The more lines activated, the more savings.1
- For a limited time, get a free Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 when you add Unlimited Data for just $25 per month. That’s a savings of $249.99!2
- And, Sprint will give customers a $130 Prepaid MasterCard virtual account when they purchase or lease select LG phones and purchase an LG Tone wireless headset.3
Sprint (NYSE: S) is a communications services company that creates more and better ways to connect its customers to the things they care about most. Sprint served 54.3 million connections as of June 30, 2019 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; leading no-contract brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Today, Sprint’s legacy of innovation and service continues with an increased investment to dramatically improve coverage, reliability, and speed across its nationwide network and commitment to launching a 5G mobile network in the U.S. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
1Via Prepaid MasterCard®, requires port, online registration and 60 days of service on a new line before card ships.
2$0 per month after $10.42 per month credit applied within two bills for 24 months with approved credit, Installment Billing and with new-line activation. If you cancel early, remaining balance becomes due. Tax due at sale. Plan: with AutoPay. Requires active handset on account. Video streams up to 480p+ resolution, music up to 500kbps, gaming up to 2Mbps. Data deprioritization during congestion. Other monthly charges apply.
3LG Tone Accessories: While supplies last. May not be available in all stores. Requires online registration. Allow up to 60 days after registration for virtual card funds to be available. Not combinable with other discounts.