Sprint Announces Exclusive Live NFL Draft Coverage via NFL Network
Dave Mellin, Sprint, 303-801-3293
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — 04/19/2006
Today Sprint (NYSE: S) announced that for the first time NFL fans can watch live television coverage of the NFL Draft via Sprint’s wireless service. NFL Network’s coverage of the Draft, streamed live and exclusively to Sprint TV customers April 29-30, will give fans access to NFL Draft content and original programming when and where they want it on the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network.
Sprint, the industry leader in meeting consumer demand for mobility, is the NFL’s official wireless telecommunication services sponsor. Sprint continues to add to an already comprehensive package of NFL information via its marquee NFL Mobile application by providing multiple ways for fans to track the 2006 Draft while on the go. In addition to NFL Network’s live coverage of the Draft, Sprint will also be offering a first-of-its-kind package of Draft-specific programming, available on-demand, designed specifically for wireless. The elements include:
- First Draft - providing in-depth personality profiles of the top 30 projected draftees in 2-3 minute video segments
- Player Profile Vignettes - highlights of the top 30 projected draftees’ collegiate careers delivered in 2-3 minute video segments
- Draft Preview Shows - a total of six shows, updated with two 4-5 minute video segments each week from April 6-20, offering team and player analysis from NFL Network’s panel of experts
- NFL Network In-Studio Player Interviews - part of NFL Network’s "NFL Total Access" programming, these interviews provide additional insight on blue-chip draftees delivered in 4-6 minute video segments
"Whether in the stands or in fans’ hands, Sprint continues to give customers new ways to follow the NFL," said Steve Gaffney, Sprint’s director of sports marketing. "Sprint’s NFL sponsorship has changed the way fans get NFL information and now how they will follow the NFL Draft. This is original and exclusive content delivered directly to the third screen on the one device they carry every day - their wireless phone."
All video segments will be produced by NFL Network and will be available on Sprint’s exclusive NFL Mobile application as well as via Sprint TV.
Fans can also stay on top of all the action for the 2006 Draft via the Sprint Draft Room on NFL.com where they’ll find exclusive video, can vote for their favorite Draft "Long Shots", and access the most comprehensive NFL Draft history section on the Web.
Also available in the Sprint Draft Room on NFL.com
- Draft Tracker - sort picks by round, by team, by school or alphabetically by draft prospect
- Draft History - the most comprehensive draft history section on the Web dating all the way back to the first NFL Draft picks made in 1936
- Draft Stories - complete coverage of the NFL Draft including expert analysis, prospect diaries from players like A.J. Hawk, and much more
NFL Mobile is $5.99 a month and is available today on phones that operate on both the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network and the Nextel National Network. Sprint TV costs between $5.99-$9.99 depending on the package purchased and operates on the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network. For a full listing of devices and a complete listing of Sprint PCS Power Vision(SM)ervices, visit www.sprint.com.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of communications services bringing mobility to consumer, business and government customers. Sprint Nextel is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including two robust wireless networks offering industry leading mobile data services; instant national and international walkie-talkie capabilities; and an award-winning and global Tier 1 Internet backbone. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.