The 1Million Project Foundation (1MPF) launched in August 2017 with a mission to help one million high school students achieve their full potential by ensuring they have the connectivity they need to succeed in school.
Sprint has committed to provide more than $1.5 billion worth of high-speed mobile network access to the 1Million Project Foundation. And, thanks to our device partners and donors, we are able to provide 1MPF free mobile devices and infrastructure to deserving students.
During the past two school years, 1MPF has connected a total of 226,000 students total at over 1,900 high schools in 35 states with 10GB of free high-speed wireless data access per month and a free device. The foundation expects more than 70 new school districts and more than 100,000 high school students nationwide to join the initiative in its third year. These are major accomplishments on our journey to close the homework gap for one million students who need our help.
A full list of participating districts is available here.
- January 9, 2019: American Network Solutions Donates $1Million to the 1Million Project Foundation
- November 29, 2018: Sprint Announces Major Expansion of 1Million Project Foundation to Give Device and Anytime Internet Access to
- Every Eligible High Schooler in the KC Metro
- November 7, 2018: The 1Million Project Foundation to Connect More than 48,000 California High School Students
- October 25, 2018: The 1Million Project Foundation To Connect 20,000 North Carolina High School Students
- October 25, 2018: The 1Million Project Foundation To Connect 30,000 Texas High School Students
- October 17, 2018: The 1Million Project Foundation To Connect 1,500 Cleveland High School Students In The 2018-2019 School Year
- October 17, 2018: The 1Million Project Foundation To Connect More Than 600 Pittsburgh High School Students In The 2018-2019 School Year
- August 14, 2017: Sprint’s 1Million Project to Connect 180,000 Students Nationwide in the 2017-2018 School Year
- January 18, 2017: Sprint’s 1Million Project Online Donation Site Now Available to Help Disadvantaged High School Students
- December 12, 2016: Sprint Announces 1Million Project Pilot Participants in 11 Cities to Provide Free Wireless Devices and Service to Students
- October 11, 2016: Sprint Provides Free Wireless Devices and Service to 1 Million Disadvantaged Students
Student and Administrator Surveys:
Watch and Share: